What are the requirements of a Will
Under Florida Law, there are certain requirements that must be satisfied in order for a Will to be valid in Florida:
- In order to make a valid Will in Florida, you must be a person of sound mind and who is either 18 or more years of age or an emancipated minor
- Every Will must be in writing.
- The Will must be signed by the testator (the person who makes the will) at the end of the Will or the testator’s name must be signed at the end of the Will by some other person in the testator’s presence and by the testator’s direction.
- The Will must be signed in the presence of at least two (2) witnesses.
- The witnesses must witness the testator’s signing or witness the testator acknowledging either that the testator has previously signed the Will or that another person has subscribed the testator’s name to the Will.
- The witnesses must sign the Will in the presence of the testator and in the presence of each other.